Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Heat, The Heat, The Heat

6/17/14 Weight 251, 57 pounds lost since 8/30/11
29 minute ride in the heat, the heat, the heat
Hey!!!! Visit markstone.org



It was not quite 100 today in El Paso for a high. Most of the last three weeks have been full of 100 plus degree days, so today when the high was going to be "only" in the 90s I thought it would be fine to ride. I had plenty of cold water, and was only out on the bike for a half-hour, but lemme tellya it hurt! I didn't get to the point of heat exhaustion or anywhere near health-damaging baking, but it hurt and took a goodly 45 minutes of panting and drinking water after the ride to recover. I reminded myself of one of my dogs! LOL

During most of this heat wave I have been riding after dark, because on those particular days I had a smidgen of intelligence. Today, however, I had none; and I paid.

However, I most certainly did enjoy the ride. I'm feeling a bit stronger with every ride. But from now on, at least until the autumn comes, I'll probably be doing this at night . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment