Tuesday, June 24, 2014

500+ Miles for 2014! (So Far . . . . )

6/24/14 252lbs, 56 pounds lost since 8/30/11
31 minute night ride over to VI for a Cobb (no olives please)

On tonight's ride I passed 500 miles for the year on the Black Knight bicycle. 500 miles in 6 months is not much for many of my friends (Tony Magana, Steve Muller, some others . . .) who routinely put together 500 mile months. However, keep in mind that I'm 61 so I get to ride slower and less miles if I want, nyah nyah nyah.

Tonight's ride was thoroughly enjoyable. I left before sundown, and there were these small thunderstorm cells dancing around my East El Paso neighborhood. Each one had its own personal bright, colorful rainbow as it marched through the city. No rain drops hit me, though, but the whippy thunderstorm wind was present. Thunderstorm winds are strange - No matter which direction you go, it's a headwind. Serious - Ride straight north into a vicious headwind, get tired of it and turn around, and there's still a headwind!! That's why I love El Paso. Or not.


But I don't really mind windy days. That's why God gave us low gears!

500 miles - Whooda Thunkit?

See you on the bike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment