Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Music Website Back Up

I had abandoned my old website (markstone.org) a couple of months ago because I was paying the web hosting people about $95 annually for it. I lost a job that I had at the time (posting smartphone articles at a busy tech website) and didn't want to use money from our family's "general fund" to pay for something that really was a hobby, maintaining the website.

But after markstone.org bit the dust, I had a few people at church come up to me with their sad, sad faces disappointed that my music videos, carefully housed at the ol' site, were not available any
longer. Yeah, I'm as surprised as you are - musical-talentwise I would consider myself adequate, slightly better than poor, and gaze in wonder at anyone who shows interest in listening to my music. At 61 years of age the Good Lord knows I can't sing any more, although I will admit my folk fingerstyle on guitar is pretty good.

Anyway, back by popular demand (I think there were 3 people, and two of them were in the same family), I've set up my music/guitar website again but this time at Google Sites, which is free. I've re-posted the videos and some descriptions of my instruments. Without shelling out the bucks, however, I don't get my "markstone.org" URL back, but - again - I'm unwilling to pay that much for a website unless I have the extra job - which I don't have any more.

Here's the link to the new site: Mark Stone - American Folk Guitar. Enjoy it, if you can . . .

The link is also at the top of this blog, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment